Tuesday 15 November 2011

Entry 9

Before I start this entry, I would like to invite you to watch this video:

 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng7ZcGSubp8
This is a scene from the end of our ensemble piece

What strikes me the most of this piece is how we worked together in smooth transition without looking at each other and knowing exactly where we all were. This showed that we had developed a sense of understanding and trust with each other and this is how I want students who finish their times learning drama to feel with each other. On top of developing understanding,skills and theoretical understanding, students can also have fun and gain some skills beyond what is required. 

Life skills.

Trust, teamwork,self awareness, and other forms of personal developments can come through an effective Drama process. As teachers we should strive for that as it does in a way tie in with what the syllabus and curriculum wants.There are no clashes..

To end,

I felt that my role in this group process allowed me to mature as a performer..

As a scriptwriter I learnt to take in more views and accept the realities and constraints that bind me. I also learnt to take in new views. I managed to do up my script from the original to the more focused version after communicating with my fellow actors and understanding the limitations involved. Now looking back at the original script I came up with I see the vast difference and changes I made with the help of my peers which streamlined the script and made it better in my opinion. Here is a sample of my initial script (Click on link directly below):


I also learnt to enjoy what I did. When I started the play i took on roles like coming out with the track for the first dance item and editting it accordingly and finding and trimming Ministerial Videos to better our performance. I did not feel bothered by it as I was excited about it. 

I learnt that rehearsing is crucial and with more rehearsals one is bound to do well in a performance. As I took two major roles in the performance I was careful to rehearse every opportunity I got and to carry my rehearsals through to when I went home. This allowed me to develop my character and explore it better and find new angles and also better the character if I possibly could.

Lastly, during the performance I realized the importance of proper warm ups. During the performance I felt my energy level could have been better and I also found myself to be thinking too much while in role. A good warm up would have helped and it is something I will keep in mind for future performances.

Thanks and I hope you enjoyed this ACU 321 journey as much as I did..

No comments:

Post a Comment