Tuesday 15 November 2011

Entry 5 Part 1

The Element of Drama I will be approaching next, and the last one that I will look at in detail, is that of the usage of Symbols in Drama. As seen from the slides below, I highlight some aspects of symbolism from my group's ensemble piece. We had a clear direction as to what we wanted to do for the piece and all of our symbols were well placed to bring out the overall meaning of the play. In the same way, I would want students in my class to be able to understand the usage of symbols in their play and understand the significance of it at the same time. In our recent stint to CHIJ St. Nick's we saw performances from Secondary 3 students where they used a lot of symbolism to negotiate their texts. They found the symbols to be an effective way in bringing out the overall meaning of their text.

(If slides don't appear below please click on the following link: https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0ARC5rVSbLPmZZGh3Y3NmOV8xMmZiYzloOWdm )



No comments:

Post a Comment