Tuesday 15 November 2011

Entry 5 part 2

Entry 5 marks my last visit to the Elements of Drama. I chose to highlight the elements that I felt was vital to students' understanding of drama and which needed scrutinizing. On top of that, however, I will not be forsaking the other elements of Drama as listed by practitioners like O'Toole in Dramawise. I believe firmly in teaching Role and relationship,movement and language to the students as well. I have highlighted some drama games pertaining to role and relationships in the first entry which would be great entry points for all drama lessons especially those in the Lower Secondary. Movement and language, however, are ever present lessons in class as I will explain in the podcast below. With all these elements, i believe students will be well equipped with the basic applications of the elements. Understanding these are vital as I will mention in my next few entries, the O level Drama syllabus' written paper requires student to be competent in identifying these elements and go beyond that and examine their overall effect.

On top of that, these elements also help Lower Secondary students have a basic idea of what Drama is and when we infuse them in our lessons, their understandings are heightened and they have a stronger sense of what Drama is.

So here is the last podcast on the Elements of Drama and their classroom use:







http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlgkDHSzKzo

No comments:

Post a Comment