Tuesday 15 November 2011

Entry 7 part 2

I decided, after the performance, to look back at the piece to look out for some elements of drama in our piece. I managed to find several which I have highlighted at the end of this Script of our final performance (click on link directly below and see the last page):

The script and the Elements of Drama seen

I realized that consciously and subconsciously we were infusing Elements of Drama into our piece.

Along the way, we always made decisions to incorporate new things into our piece taking cue from what we knew about the elements of drama. That prior knowledge helped to shape our thinking and allowed us to rationalized what we were doing to our piece. For instance, the use of the music in the maid scene, contributed to the mood of the scene and allowed for a contrast of emotions between the comical melodramatic scene and the serious love song. This allowed the humour element to come through stronger and also set the context for the scene. We were influencing the mood without even talking about it. We knew what we were doing but we only found a label for it after the performance and after we had devised.

For the next post, I will explore what I have seen in this entry and link it back to how it has influenced me as a performer and how I feel i will translate this into a classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment